Recreational Vehicle Insurance



Registered Insurance Brokers
of Ontario

RIBO is the self-regulatory body for insurance brokers in Ontario. Established in October 1981, RIBO regulates the licensing, professional competence, ethical conduct, and insurance related financial obligations of all independent general insurance brokers in the province.

Insurance News

Canadian Insurance News

Your source for Insurance information in Canada

Motorcycles, Boats & Recreational Vehicles

When it's time to get your recreational vehicle out on the road or trails, be sure you have the right insurance coverage for your vehicle and understand exactly what you're buying. Learn more about the various types of coverage available for your Motorcycle, Boat, ATV, Snowmobile, Motor Home or Trailer by contacting one of our customer service representatives who can discuss your options with you.


Motorcycle insurance, like automobile insurance, is mandatory by law in Ontario.
Just like auto insurance, rates for Motorcycle Insurance are based on a number of different factors.

Ask About A Seasonal Rating

What is a seasonal rating?
A Seasonal rating is a way of calculating insurance premiums which takes into account that a motorcycle is usually only used for part of the year. While coverage is in place for the full 12 months, the premiums are reduced to factor in the winter months when a motorcycle is usually off the road. For motorcycles, the premium is charged for the months of March-October.

One of our customer service representatives would gladly discuss your options with you.


Boat owner insurance protects your investment in your recreational boating equipment and accessories, such as oars, anchors, life preservers and cushions, from physical damage or loss.
Insurance is available for outboard motor boats, inboard boats, inboard-outboard boats, personal watercraft and sailboats. Other types of boats may be eligible.

Boat trailers
Often when you are arranging to insure your boat, trailer coverage is included at part of the deal, so you don't need to purchase any additional protection. But you should always check your policy to make sure you know what's covered and if there are any limits to that coverage.

One of our customer service representatives would gladly discuss your options with you.


ATV insurance, like automobile insurance, is mandatory by law in Canada. Each province has established its own minimum insurance requirements.

Did you know that if you drive an ATV on public roads, it is mandatory to carry insurance coverage? Not to worry. Whether you’re using your ATV for hunting, fishing, or exploring trails, we have the coverage you need.
Much like car insurance, ATV insurance is mandatory. The mandatory insurance coverage includes liability coverage in the event that you are legally liable for bodily injury or property damage caused by the use or operation of your ATV, and it may also include Accident Benefits coverage for medical expenses and loss of income, as well as other coverage.

NOTE: ATV insurance can only be incorporated with your Auto or Home insurance policy and is NOT available as a stand alone policy.

One of our customer service representatives would gladly discuss your options with you.


Snowmobile insurance, like automobile insurance, is mandatory by law in Ontario. We offer insurance protection that covers a wide variety of snowmobile makes and models.

One of our customer service representatives would gladly discuss your options with you.

Motor Homes

What is a motor home?
A motor home is generally defined as a self-propelled vehicle containing living quarters that are an integral part of the vehicle and not removable.
Since a motor home is basically a home on wheels, shouldn’t my home insurance policy cover my motor home?

Your home insurance will cover the contents of your motor home. However, motor homes share the same roads as automobiles and require the same liability and accident benefit protection. Provincial laws govern the requirements for vehicle insurance, including motor homes.
What personal property do I need to cover in my motor home?
Your personal property or contents carried within the motor home are generally not covered by the basic automobile policy. Personal property carried within the motor home, such as clothing and electronics, require content coverage through a residential insurance policy. Only permanently fixed items, such as cupboards or built-in furniture, are covered under the motor home policy.
What exactly is covered under my motor home insurance?
Motor home protection is similar to that of your automobile. Basic coverage, third-party liability insurance and accident benefits are mandatory, and you may purchase optional property damage coverage such as Specified Perils, Comprehensive, Collision and All Perils.

One of our customer service representatives would gladly discuss your options with you.

Trailer Packages

There's more to towing something behind your car than just attaching a trailer hitch. You need to make sure you have all the insurance coverage and know-how to keep your seasonal fun and worry-free.

Liability insurance coverage: If you are not worried about the unit you're towing or its contents, your existing auto insurance coverage is enough to get you on the road. If anyone or anything were damaged as a result of your trailer while it was in transit, the liability portion of your auto insurance policy would cover you.
If for some reason your trailer started rolling while it was parked in your driveway, your standard home insurance would most likely cover any resulting damage or injury. But you have to check your property policy carefully as sometimes they exclude coverage for trailers.
Collision insurance, theft insurance and vandalism insurance coverage: If you want insurance protection for your trailer in case it's damaged in an accident or if it's stolen, first you should check to see if you already have this coverage on your home insurance policy. Property insurance can be very different from company to company.

Buying insurance for the trailer itself can be done as an "add on" to your auto insurance policy or your home insurance policy, or you can purchase a "stand alone" RV and trailer insurance policy. The type and value of your trailer will determine what type of insurance coverage is best for you.

Utility trailers (includes horse trailers, snowmobile/ATV trailers etc.)
If you already have separate insurance for the contents of your trailer or if you are transporting things with little value (lumber, garbage), you most likely can get by with the least expensive alternative - adding coverage onto your auto insurance policy. This will cover you for collision and theft of the trailer, but will not include protection for your contents inside the unit.
Tent trailer or inexpensive "live in" trailer
If you want coverage for items inside the trailer as well as collision and comprehensive insurance, you should purchase coverage as part of your property insurance policy. This way, your home insurance extends to the contents of your trailer and you would be covered if anything inside the unit were damaged or stolen. This coverage usually does not apply if the unit is being used for a permanent residence, and not just recreationally.
RV or Fifth-wheel vacation trailer
If you own a RV or Fifth-wheel vacation trailer that contains appliances and other expensive items, your best bet is to purchase a separate RV and trailer insurance policy. This type of policy has all the added coverage you need for your personal belongings and you can also customize your coverage based on the replacement value of your unit.

One of our customer service representatives would gladly discuss your options with you.



first image second image third image fourth image
themed object